Report gasoline and diesel promotions
Fuel retailers and wholesalers need to report promotions to register gasoline and ultra low sulphur diesel discounts that lower the price below the regulated minimum price.
Use the Notification of Promotion Form to register a promotion that lowers the price of regulated gasoline or ultra low sulphur diesel below the minimum retail price. You need to register any discount that lowers the price of fuel below the regulated minimum price.
Who can use this form
Fuel retailers and wholesalers who want to sell fuel products for less than the minimum regulated amount need to use this form.
Promotions must be submitted at least 5 days before the start date, or the date an existing promotion will change.
What you need to do
- Complete the form online.
- Submit your completed form.
There is no cost to submit the form.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- value of promotion
- date the promotion starts and ends (if applicable)
- description of how customers earn the discount, points or other consideration
- description of how customers redeem earned value
- important dates (for example, date after which discount can no longer be earned or date after which discount can no longer be redeemed)
You can send your promotion information by email to Promotions@novascotia.ca .