Affidavit of Service: Residential Tenancies (Form L)
Landlords and tenants use Form L to swear that they’ve served residential tenancy documents on the other party.
Use Form L: Affidavit of Service to swear that you’ve served residential tenancy documents on your landlord or tenant.
Who can use this form
Landlords and tenants use the form to swear that they’ve served residential tenancy documents on the other party.
What you need to do
- Complete the form.
- Check the form for details on all required supporting documents.
- Take your completed form and supporting documents to Access Nova Scotia.
- Sign and date the form in the presence of a lawyer or commissioner of oaths. Many information services staff members at Access Nova Scotia are commissioners of oaths.
How long it takes
The Affidavit of Service is completed during your visit to Access Nova Scotia. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your form hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to submit the form.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- copies of the documents you served
- receipt showing proof that you prepaid and properly addressed the document if you served (delivered) it by registered mail, express post or courier service
- copy of the email showing the date and time you sent the document if you served (delivered) it by email