Charitable Bingo Lottery Licence: single event with total prizes under $2,500
Apply for a Charitable Bingo Lottery Licence. Charities, religious organizations and non-profit community organizations need the licence to run a single bingo event with total prizes under $2,500.
By law, charities, religious organizations and non-profit community organizations must have a Charitable Bingo Lottery Licence to run a single bingo event with total prizes under $2,500.
All bingo equipment (including paper) needs to be supplied by an individual or organization licensed under the Bingo Suppliers Regulations.
Bingo equipment includes:
- random number selection equipment
- bingo balls
- number display boards
- bingo cards, paper and sets
- verification books or electronic verifiers
You need to be 19 or older and authorized by the charity, religious organization or non-profit community organization to apply.
You need to submit your application at least 15 business days before your event.
You need to apply separately for each event (each event needs a separate licence).
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Send your completed application and supporting documents by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
- You may also need to complete an interview and provide additional information if asked by the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the licence. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the licence.
Before you start
Make sure you have a copy of the games list and house rules.
First-time applicants may also need to provide a copy of:
- Certificate of Registration
- memorandum of association
- list of executives and positions held
The Charitable Bingo Lottery Licence is valid for 1 event only. You can’t renew the licence, but you can apply for a new one.