Voluntary exclusion (banning yourself) from Nova Scotia casinos
Voluntarily ban yourself from Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and Sydney by using the Voluntary Self-exclusion Form. If you try to enter these 2 casinos after signing the form, security staff will identify you and take you out of the casino.
Use the Voluntary Self-exclusion Form to ban yourself from Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and Sydney.
You can choose to ban yourself from Casino Nova Scotia for an exclusion term of:
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 3 years
You can only apply to be reinstated once your exclusion term is complete. You can also extend an exclusion term.
Who can use this form
You can use this form if you want to voluntarily ban yourself from Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and Sydney.
What you need to do
- Check the form for details on all required identification documents.
- Take your identification documents to the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division or 1 of the casinos and tell them you want to be banned from casinos.
- The Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division or casino reviews the Voluntary Self-exclusion Form with you to make sure you understand it. They also explain how you can cancel the voluntary exclusion (banning yourself) so you can be allowed back in the casinos.
- Complete and sign the Voluntary Self-exclusion Form stating that you have read and understand the information.
- The Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division or casino takes your photo.
- Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and Sydney keeps your completed form and photo for identification purposes. You’re also added to the voluntary exclusion list.
- If you want to be allowed back in the casinos, you need to submit the Voluntary Self-exclusion Reinstatement Form.
How long it takes
You will be banned as soon as you sign the form.
There is no cost to submit the form.