Transfer a Permanent Liquor Licence to new owners
Apply for approval. Businesses, societies and non-profits that buy a licensed establishment need to apply for approval to transfer the existing liquor licence to their name or company name.
Use the Application to Transfer Permanent Liquor Licence Form to apply for approval to transfer an existing liquor licence to your name or company name.
Businesses, societies and non-profits that are going to buy a licensed establishment need to apply for approval to transfer a liquor licence to the new owner. You need to be 19 or older and authorized by the organization to apply.
Club Liquor Licences are not transferrable. Contact the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division for more information.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get approval. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Transfer Permanent Liquor Licence (eating establishment)
|Transfer Permanent Liquor Licence (eating establishment and lounge)
|Transfer Permanent Liquor Licence (beverage room)
|Transfer Permanent Liquor Licence (cabaret)
|Transfer Special Premises Liquor Licence
Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- both the current and new licence holders available to complete and sign parts of the form
- justice of the peace or commissioner of oaths notarize the form, or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division to notarize the form