Standard Form of Lease (Form P)
Landlords can use Form P as the residential lease agreement they provide to their tenant to sign. Form P includes all of the conditions that apply in a residential lease agreement, even if another lease or verbal agreement is used.
Use Form P: Standard Form of Lease to see all the conditions that apply in any residential lease. Landlords can choose to use Form P, another form of lease or a verbal agreement, but the conditions in Form P still apply.
Fully completed leases help answer questions that residential tenancy officers may have if there’s a dispute between the landlord and tenant.
The landlord and tenant initial and sign the lease in appropriate places to acknowledge they take full responsibility for following all of the lease’s terms and conditions.
Documents the landlord can attach to the form include:
- Reasonable Rules
- Rental Unit Condition Report
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- tenant’s name and the names of any other adults or children living in the rental unit
- tenant’s phone numbers
- emergency contact for tenant
- type of lease, and start and end dates
- rent amount
- what appliances and utilities are included in the rent
- what the tenant is responsible for
- security deposit amount
Who can use this form
Both the landlord and tenant can use this form.
What you need to do
- The landlord completes the form.
- Both the landlord and tenant initial and sign the form.
- The landlord needs to provide the tenant with a copy of the signed lease within 10 days of signing the lease.