Special Occasion Liquor Licence (class 4): temporary physical extension of premises
Apply for a Special Occasion Liquor Licence (class 4). Permanent Liquor Licence holders need a Special Occasion Liquor Licence (class 4) to temporarily serve alcohol in an area adjacent to the licensed premises (for example, a parking lot or lawn).
By law, Permanent Liquor Licence holders must have a Special Occasion Liquor Licence (class 4) to temporarily serve alcohol in an area adjacent to the licensed premises.
You need to have a Permanent Liquor Licence to apply. You also need to be 19 or older and authorized by the business to apply for the licence.
You need to submit your application at least 10 business days before the event.
You need to apply separately for each event (each event needs a separate licence).
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the licence. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Special Occasion Liquor Licence (class 4)||$62.30|
Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Permanent Liquor Licence number you want to extend
- site plan with detailed measurements
- security plan for events over 1,000 people
- approval of fire official
You can’t renew your Special Occasion Liquor Licence, but you can apply for a new one.