Rebate equal to the provincial portion of HST paid on home energy products or commercial electricity for your partly residential condominium property
Apply for a rebate equal to the provincial portion of the HST paid on home energy products or commercial electricity costs for your partly residential condominium property.
Use the Condominium Corporation - Application for Your Energy Rebate Form to apply for a rebate equal to the provincial portion of the HST paid on home energy products and commercial electricity if the rebate was not deducted from the bill.
The rebate is equal to the provincial portion of the HST paid. It does not include delivery, equipment maintenance, repair or emergency service call costs.
You can apply for the rebate if you:
- own a condominium property that is assessed as partly residential
- pay HST on home energy or commercial electricity
You need to submit the rebate application within 24 months from the purchase date of the energy.
You can submit a rebate application once per quarter in April, July, October and January of each year.
A separate application is required for each property.
How to apply
- Complete the rebate application.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Send your completed application and supporting documents by mail. Or drop them off at the Business Registration Unit.
How long it takes
It should take 4 to 6 weeks to get the rebate. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the rebate.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- copies of all invoices and receipts for residential home energy purchases and commercial electricity
- condominium corporation number
- average size of units (in square feet)
- total building space, total commercial space and total residential space (in square feet)
The invoices and receipts need to:
- show the supplier’s HST number, amount of HST paid, date of purchase and the type of energy purchased (for example, wood, wood pellets or propane)
- be issued in your name (invoices and receipts issued in someone else’s name will not be accepted)