Make a restitution payment

You can make a partial or full payment of the restitution you owe through the Department of Justice for a crime you committed.

Use this service to make a restitution payment.

Types of restitution

You can use this service to make a restitution payment that’s processed through the Department of Justice, including:

  • restitution orders
  • probation orders
  • conditional sentence orders

Partial payments

You can make a partial payment or pay the restitution in full.


You need to use this service if you owe restitution for a crime you committed. You can make a payment for yourself or on behalf of someone else.

How to pay

  1. Complete the payment form online.
  2. Include payment with your form.
  3. Submit your completed form and payment.
  4. The service emails you a payment receipt. Keep a copy for your records.

How long it takes

Your restitution payment is received as soon as you submit your completed form and payment.


There is no cost to use this service, but you need to pay an amount towards the restitution you owe.

Payment options

Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), debit card, cheque, money order, cash. Make your cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on whether you pay online or in person.

Before you start

Make sure you have your restitution case number (you can find this on the notification you receive from provincial court or the collections letter from Victim Services).

Pay online

When you pay online you need to pay the restitution by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Visa Debit, Debit Mastercard). You can’t access the form online if you’re outside Canada or your computer’s IP address is outside Canada.

Start now

Other ways to pay

If you’re unable to make a payment online, you can pay in person at a provincial courthouse.