International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Quarterly Tax Report
Interjurisdictional carriers registered in Nova Scotia need to submit the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Quarterly Tax Report quarterly by a specific due date.
Use the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Quarterly Tax Report if you’re an interjurisdictional carrier registered in Nova Scotia. You need to submit the form quarterly by a specific due date.
Quarterly reporting is required to meet fuel tax reporting obligations as an IFTA-licensed carrier in Canada and the US.
Carriers have to report:
- kilometres travelled in each IFTA jurisdiction
- litres of fuel consumed in each IFTA jurisdiction
- fuel tax liability
Who can use this form
Interjurisdictional carriers registered in Nova Scotia need to use this form.
Reporting due dates
|Reporting period||Due date|
|January 1 to March 31||April 30|
|April 1 to June 30||July 31|
|July 1 to September 30||October 31|
|October 1 to December 31||January 31|
What you need to do
- Complete the report form.
- Send your completed report by mail. Or drop it off at the Business Registration Unit.
There is no cost to submit the report. If you owe taxes, you need to remit them when you submit the report.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- your IFTA account number
- travel records for all vehicles licensed under IFTA, including kilometres travelled and fuel consumed in each IFTA jurisdiction