Get a tax refund on stolen vaping products
Apply for a tax refund on vaping products lost due to theft.
Use the Vaping Products Tax - Theft of Vaping Products Refund Application Form to get a tax refund on vaping products lost due to theft.
You can use this form if you’re a vaping products wholesaler or retailer who’s lost vaping products due to theft.
How to apply
- Complete the refund application.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Send your completed application and supporting documents by mail. Or drop them off at the Business Registration Unit.
How long it takes
It should take 3 to 6 weeks to get the refund. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the refund.
Before you start
Make sure you:
- file an insurance claim
- file a complaint about the theft with the local police
- check the tax rate for the stolen vaping products
- provide copies of invoices for vaping products purchased during the 60-day period immediately before the date of the theft and for 14 days following the date of the theft (invoices need to include the purchaser’s name and the seller’s name, location, HST number, date, product description and quantity sold)