Fuel Wholesaler Agreement to wholesale gasoline, diesel oil and propane
Apply for a Fuel Wholesaler Agreement to wholesale gasoline, diesel oil and propane.
Use the Fuel Tax Application - Fuel Wholesaler Agreement Form to apply to wholesale gasoline, diesel oil and propane. The agreement does not expire.
Fuel wholesalers need to enter into an agreement with the Provincial Tax Commission before they can operate in Nova Scotia.
Before your application is approved, you need to ensure:
- you’ve signed an agreement with the Provincial Tax Commission
- you’re in compliance with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies
You can apply if you plan to wholesale, distribute and store fuel like gasoline, diesel and propane.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Send your completed application by mail. Or make an appointment to visit the Audit and Enforcement office.
How long it takes
It should take 6 to 8 weeks to get the Fuel Wholesaler Agreement. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly. It also depends on the complexity of the business.
There is no cost to apply for the agreement. You’ll need to provide financial security as specified by legislation.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Business Number for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- registration number for the Registry of Joint Stock Companies
- Motive Fuel Wholesaler Approval number if you’re a gasoline or diesel wholesaler
- Fuel Safety (Company) Licence number if you’re a propane wholesaler