Fuel Tax Application: Bulk Vendor Permit
Apply for a Bulk Vendor Permit. Bulk plants, bulk stations and terminals need the permit to store gasoline or diesel oil in storage tanks.
By law, bulk plants, bulk stations and terminals must have a Bulk Vendor Permit to store gasoline or diesel oil in storage tanks. The permit is valid for 3 years.
You need to be a bulk plant, bulk station or terminal to apply. You also need to be in compliance with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Send your completed application by mail. Or visit the Audit and Enforcement office.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the permit. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the permit.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Business Number from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- registration number from the Registry of Joint Stock Companies
- Motive Fuel Wholesaler Approval number
You need to renew your Bulk Vendor Permit every 3 years. You should get a renewal notice in the mail a month before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.