Fire services long service medal application
Apply to nominate a fire services member for a Fire Services Long Service Medal for 25 years of fire service or the Fire Services Long Service Bar for 35 or 45 years of fire service.
Use the Fire Services Long Service Medal and Bars Application Form to nominate a fire service member for the long service medal or bar.
The Government of Nova Scotia recognizes long-serving members of fire services by presenting a medal after 25 years of service, and a bar after 35 or 45 years of service.
You need to use this form to nominate a fire services member who has served 25, 35 or 45 years for the medal or bar.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Send your completed application and supporting documents by mail, fax or email. Or drop them off at the Office of the Fire Marshal. If you’re sending your application and supporting documents by email, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of the Fire Marshal reviews the application, confirms eligibility and sends the award and certificate to the Fire Chief of the fire department.
How long it takes
It should take 4 to 6 weeks for the Office of the Fire Marshal to review the nomination. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your form hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the award.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- details of significant contributions the nominee has made to the fire service
- Fire Chief available to sign the form
- event date to present the medal or bar, if applicable