Unreturned Certificate of Service Policy: Residential Tenancies
The Unreturned Certificate of Service Policy (Policy 41) explains that the applicant needs to return the Certificate of Service Form to the Residential Tenancies Program within 7 days of the date they filed the Application to the Director Form or the residential tenancy officer may close the file.
This policy outlines the procedure an applicant needs to follow when serving a respondent a copy of the Application to Director form.
- requirements when serving a respondent with a copy of the Application to Director Form
- methods you can use to return a Certificate of Service Form
- how many days the applicant has to return the Certificate of Service Form to the Residential Tenancies Program
- how residential tenancy officers have the authority to close an application
- what happens when an officer closes an application
- steps you need to take to reapply
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services