Tobacco Tax Program: overview
How the Tobacco Tax Program is administered, tobacco tax rates and information for tobacco wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
This document provides details on the Tobacco Tax Program.
- how the Tobacco Tax Program is administered
- tobacco tax rates
- how tax is collected
- monthly reporting requirements
- how interest, penalties and any unpaid tax is calculated
- tobacco stamps
- tobacco sales to First Nations
- how to authorize a representative to speak on your behalf
Author: Provincial Tax Commission
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services