Tax on privately purchased vehicles: brochure
What you need to know about paying tax on a vehicle you buy privately.
This brochure outlines how to calculate and pay tax on a used vehicle that you buy privately.
- the fact that you need to pay tax when you buy a used vehicle
- how the government collects this tax
- how you calculate the tax you owe
- how to determine the fair value of the vehicle
- trading against the purchase price of a vehicle
- tax exemptions
- Promotional material
Author: Provincial Tax Commission
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services