Pre-arranged funeral plans: guide for consumers
Guidelines for consumers on pre-arranged funeral plans explain how you’re protected when you buy a pre-arranged funeral plan to make sure you get the goods and services you’ve paid for.
This guide describes your rights and protections when you buy a pre-arranged funeral plan. These rights and protections make sure you get the goods and services you paid for.
- how to pay for your pre-arranged plan
- what your purchase agreement must include
- cancellation rights
- missed installment payments
- how to transfer your pre-arranged plan to another funeral home
- how to change your pre-arranged plan from a trust-funded plan to an insurance-funded plan
Author: Business and Consumer Services
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services