Fuel Tax Program: overview
How the Fuel Tax Program is administered, fuel tax rates and information for fuel wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
This document provides details on the Fuel Tax Program.
- how the Fuel Tax Program is administered
- fuel tax rates
- how tax is collected
- monthly reporting requirements
- how interest, penalties and any unpaid tax is calculated
- indigenous fuel tax exemptions
- who needs to complete a self-assessment
- how to authorize a representative to speak on your behalf
- interjurisdictional carriers
Author: Provincial Tax Commission
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services