Converting a Mediated Settlement into a Director’s Order Policy: Residential Tenancies
The Converting a Mediated Settlement into a Director’s Order Policy (Policy 10) outlines how a residential tenancy officer can issue an Order of the Director if a party fails to comply with a mediated settlement.
This policy explains how a residential tenancy officer can convert a mediated settlement into an Order of the Director if a tenant or landlord doesn’t comply with the terms of a mediated settlement. Once converted to an Order of the Director, it has a 10-day appeal period and can then be converted to and enforced as an Order of the Small Claims Court.
- process to have a mediated settlement converted into an Order of the Director
- wording of the Order of the Director
- who to mail copies of the order to
- exclusions to the order if not included in original mediated settlement
- possible exclusion of some or all of a mediated settlement if too much time has passed
Author: Residential Tenancies
Department: Service Nova Scotia