Abandoned Personal Property Policy: Residential Tenancies
The Abandoned Personal Property Policy outlines the rules and procedure landlords need to follow when dealing with personal property left behind by tenants at the end of a lease.
This policy explains the rules and procedure landlords need to follow when a tenant leaves personal property behind at the end of their tenancy. The policy also explains the rules for abandoned motor vehicles and manufactured (mobile) homes.
- abandoned goods worth less than $500
- abandoned goods worth more than $500
- unsafe or unsanitary goods
- inventory of abandoned goods
- waiting period
- public auction
- which forms need to be used
- who needs to be notified when
Author: Residential Tenancies
Department: Service Nova Scotia