Abandoned Personal Property Policy: Residential Tenancies
The Abandoned Personal Property Policy (Policy 2) outlines the rules and procedure landlords need to follow when dealing with personal property left behind by tenants at the end of a lease.
This policy explains the rules and procedure landlords need to follow when a tenant leaves personal property behind at the end of their tenancy. The policy also explains the rules for abandoned motor vehicles and manufactured (mobile) homes.
- abandoned goods worth less than $500
- abandoned goods worth more than $500
- unsafe or unsanitary goods
- inventory of abandoned goods
- waiting period
- public auction
- which forms need to be used
- who needs to be notified when
Author: Residential Tenancies
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services