Club Liquor Licence
Apply for a Club Liquor Licence. Societies, non-profits and other organizations with club facilities need a Club Liquor Licence to serve alcohol to members and their guests.
By law, societies, non-profits and other organizations with club facilities must have a Club Liquor Licence to serve alcohol in the organization’s club facilities.
No food services required
You can serve alcohol with or without food with the Club Liquor Licence.
You can serve alcohol from 10am to 2am any day of the week.
You need to be 19 or older and authorized by the organization to apply. The organization needs to be the owner or leaseholder of the proposed premises.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Get the application notarized by a justice of the peace, commissioner of oaths or at the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
- The Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division notifies both you and NSLC when the licence is issued. NSLC provides you with a 6-digit account number to use when placing your orders.
- An Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division compliance officer inspects the premises. All premises need to pass this final inspection.
How long it takes
It should take 6 weeks to get the licence. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Application fee (non-refundable)||$124.25|
|Licence fee (for 3 years)||$560.70|
|Renewal fee (for 3 years)||$560.70|
You have to submit the application fee with your application. You can pay the licence fee after you submit your application, but you have to pay it before you get your licence.
Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
You need to renew your Club Liquor Licence every 3 years. You should get a renewal notice in the mail before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.