Breakopen Ticket Licence

Apply for a Breakopen Ticket Licence. Charities, religious organizations and non-profit community organizations need the licence to sell breakopen tickets.

By law, charities, religious organizations and non-profit community organizations must have a Breakopen Ticket Licence to sell breakopen tickets.

Breakopen tickets are instant-win lottery tickets used to support various charitable, religious or non-profit organizations. They are also known as pull-tab or Nevada tickets.

Reporting requirements

With a Breakopen Ticket Licence, you need to submit a Breakopen Ticket Report each year.


You need to be 19 or older and authorized by the charity, religious organization or non-profit community organization to apply.

You need to submit your application at least 10 business days before your first event.

How to apply

  1. Complete the application form.
  2. Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
  3. Include payment with your application.
  4. Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
  5. You may also need to complete an interview and provide additional information if asked by the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.

How long it takes

It should take 2 weeks to get the licence. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.


Activity Fee
Licence $90.75

Payment options

Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.

Before you start

Make sure you:

  • know who your supplier is (your supplier needs to be an approved and registered supplier)
  • provide a copy of your Certificate of Registration, constitution, by-laws, memorandum of association and list of executives and positions held
  • provide a copy of the games list and house rules

Application form


You need to renew your Breakopen Ticket Licence every 3 years. You should get a renewal notice in the mail before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.