Apply to waive fee for Application to the Director of Residential Tenancies
Apply to the Director of Residential Tenancies to have the fee waived for submitting an Application to the Director of Residential Tenancies.
Use the Waive Residential Tenancies Application to Director Fee Form to apply to have the fee waived for submitting an Application to the Director of Residential Tenancies.
If you receive Guaranteed Income Supplement, Social Assistance or Income Assistance you automatically qualify for the fee waiver. You can also apply if you feel your income or personal circumstances should be considered.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Take your application and supporting documents to Access Nova Scotia.
- Director of Residential Tenancies reviews your application.
How long it takes
It should take 3 to 5 days to review your application. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly. If you receive Guaranteed Income Supplement, Social Assistance or Income Assistance your application is processed immediately.
There is no cost to apply for the fee waiver.
Before you start
You need to provide 1 of the following supporting documents:
- Guaranteed Income Supplement statement
- Income Assistance statement or direct deposit payment statement
- Social Assistance statement or direct deposit payment statement
If you’re not receiving financial support through Guaranteed Income, Income Assistance or Social Assistance, you need to provide:
- letter outlining the reasons you should get the fee waived (for example, low income or other personal circumstances)
- any other supporting information, such as an income statement