Ticket Lottery Permit: single draw ticket raffle with prizes $4,000 and under
Apply for a Ticket Lottery Permit. Charities, religious organizations and non-profit community organizations need the permit to run a single draw ticket raffle with total prizes valued at $4,000 and under.
By law, charities, religious organizations and non-profit community organizations must have a Ticket Lottery Permit to run a single draw ticket lottery with total prizes valued at $4,000 and under. The permit is valid until the draw date.
With a Ticket Lottery Permit, you don't need to submit a Ticket Lottery Report for raffles with prizes under $4,000.
You need to be 19 or older and authorized by the charitable, religious or non-profit community organization to apply.
When sports teams apply for a Ticket Lottery Permit for prizes valued at $4,000 and under, the age of the team members has to be 21 or younger.
You need to submit your application at least 10 business days before the first day of ticket sales.
How to apply
- Apply online for the permit.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents.
- Complete an interview and provide additional information if asked by the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
How long it takes
You should get the permit right away if you apply online. It should take 2 weeks to get the permit if you apply in person or by email, mail or fax. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the permit.
Before you start
Make sure you:
- provide a copy of the games list and house rules
- provide confirmation from the charity if you’re a non-charitable group raising money for a charity
- have the principal available to sign the application if you’re from a school, or the coach or team manager available to sign the application if you’re from a sports team
First-time applicants may also need to provide a copy of:
- Certificate of Registration
- memorandum of association
- list of executives and positions held
You can’t renew your Ticket Lottery Permit, but you can apply for a new one.
You can use the Application for Lottery Permit for Prizes Not Exceeding $4,000 in Value Form (PDF 109 kB) if you’re unable to apply online. Send your completed application and supporting documents by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.