Joanne Munro was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services in June 2019.
Joanne joined Service Nova Scotia after a 25-year career in corporate sales and financial services. During that time, Joanne gained experience in strategic planning, operations and service excellence.
Joanne holds a Master of Business Administration from Dalhousie University and a Bachelor of Arts in Administrative and Commercial Studies from the University of Western Ontario.
RoleThe CEO is responsible for leading a team of more than 750 people who design and deliver a variety of government programs and services. Priorities include supporting government’s corporate agenda, improving 4 registries, simplifying rules and processes for businesses and consumers, and leading the digital transformation project to help make it easier for citizens and businesses to interact with government programs and services.
- providing strong financial and organizational leadership
- developing strategies to fulfill the Office of Service Nova Scotia’s mandate
- establishing and growing industry, government and citizen partnerships
- CEO, Office of Service Nova Scotia
- Associate Vice President, Strategic Sourcing Group, TD Bank
- District Vice President, Oakville District, TD Canada Trust
- District Vice President, Vaughan District, TD Canada Trust
- Associate Vice President, Group Human Resources