Joanne Munro was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services in June 2019.
Joanne joined the Government of Nova Scotia after a 20-year career in the financial services industry. During that time, Joanne gained experience in strategic planning, operations, human resources and service excellence.
She’s a results-oriented leader, with a collaborative style and a focus on coaching and mentoring.
Joanne holds a Master of Business Administration from Dalhousie University and a Bachelor of Arts in Administrative and Commercial Studies from the University of Western Ontario.
RoleThe deputy minister is responsible for leading a team of more than 1,700 people who design and deliver a variety of government programs and services. Priorities include overseeing the department’s approach to service excellence, which combines technology and processes to deliver services and support great client experiences.
- providing strong financial and organizational leadership
- developing strategies to fulfill the mandate of the Department of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
- establishing and growing industry, government and citizen partnerships
- CEO, Office of Service Nova Scotia
- Associate Vice President, Strategic Sourcing Group, TD Bank
- District Vice President, Oakville District, TD Canada Trust
- District Vice President, Vaughan District, TD Canada Trust
- Associate Vice President, Group Human Resources, TD Bank