Pay for a road test (driving test)
You need to pay for a road test (driving test) before you can schedule and take the test. Keep a copy of the road test receipt (you need this as proof that you paid for the test).
Use this service to pay for a road test (driving test).
You need a road test receipt to schedule the test. You also need to take the road test receipt to your road test at Registry of Motor Vehicles (you can print the receipt or have it available on your phone). If you don’t have your receipt with you when you arrive at Registry of Motor Vehicles, it may delay your road test.
Booking a road test
When you’re ready to book a road test, call Registry of Motor Vehicles to schedule the test. Have your road test receipt with you when you call (you need this as proof that you paid for the test).
You can use this service to pay for a road test for a:
- class 1 (semi-trailer and tractor-trailer combinations) driver’s licence
- class 2 (bus for over 24 passengers) driver’s licence
- class 3 (vehicle or vehicle-trailer combinations over 14,000 kg) driver’s licence
- class 4 (bus for 24 or fewer passengers) driver’s licence
- class 5 (passenger vehicle) driver’s licence
- class 6 (motorcycle) driver’s licence
- motorcycle endorsement (advanced skills road test, not a balance test)
- school bus endorsement
- heavy trailer endorsement (select the vehicle that you’re going to drive, for example, class 5 or class 3)
You can pay for the road test for yourself or someone else.
How to pay
- Complete the payment form online.
- Include payment with your form.
- Submit your completed form and payment.
- The service emails you a road test receipt. Keep a copy for your records.
How long it takes
Your road test payment is received as soon as you submit your completed form and payment.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Interac® Online, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on whether you pay online or in person.
Before you start
Make sure you:
- know the type of road test you want to take
- have your driver’s licence number (you can find this on the front of your driver’s licence)
When you pay online you need to pay the fee by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), Interac® Online or debit card.
If you’re unable to pay online, you can pay in person at Registry of Motor Vehicles.