Office of Service Nova Scotia: About us
What we do
The Office of Service Nova Scotia helps citizens, businesses and municipalities access a variety of government programs and services. We oversee service delivery for Driver’s Licences, land and property registrations, Registry of Joint Stock Companies registrations, Vital Statistics certificates and registrations, and the regulation of alcohol and gaming activities. The office also helps to protect consumers and make it easier for people to interact with government programs and services.
- in-person and online services for Access Nova Scotia, Land Registry and Vital Statistics
- operating the registries of land, personal property, vital statistics, joint stock companies and lobbyists
- providing alcohol, gaming, fuel and tobacco licensing, enforcement and auditing
- business and consumer services like licensing and inspecting regulated businesses and protecting consumers
- Customer Contact Centre for information about government programs and services
Who we are
The Office of Service Nova Scotia has about 750 staff across the province who design and deliver a variety of government programs and services.
From 2018 to 2019, our priorities are:
- investing in technology and governance to provide positive client experiences and service excellence
- updating our technology and improving program delivery
- applying innovative ideas through service improvements, digital services and upgrading the registries of land, motor vehicles, vital statistics and joint stock companies