Games of Chance Lottery Licence: commercial carnivals
Apply for a Games of Chance Lottery Licence. Commercial carnivals need the licence to offer games of chance.
By law, commercial carnivals must have a Games of Chance Lottery Licence to offer games of chance.
A game of chance is a game where players bet money on a random outcome. Common examples include:
- money games like colour wheel and horse wheel
- merchandise games like darts and ring toss
- casino or Monte Carlo events
- come-and-go bingo games
You need to be 19 or older and authorized by the commercial carnival to apply.
You need to submit your application at least 10 business days before your event.
You need to apply separately for each event (each event needs a separate licence).
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
- You may also have to complete an interview and provide additional information if asked by the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the licence. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Money games per game per day||$6.05|
|Merchandise games||No cost|
|Bingo games per game per day||$12.05|
Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
The Games of Chance Lottery Licence is valid for 1 event only. You can’t renew the licence, but you can apply for a new one.