Solutions for housing and homelessness
Plan to increase affordable housing throughout Nova Scotia, including rentals.
This plan outlines the actions to make housing more available and protect existing affordable housing.
- how government is working with partners to increase the housing supply
- efforts to increase the supply of student housing
- rent protections to bridge the gap until the housing supply increases
- planning support (planning task force, inclusionary zoning and taxation flexibility discussions with municipalities) to help make housing more available
- support and services for people who are at risk or are experiencing homelessness
- continued efforts to implement Nova Scotia Affordable Housing Commission’s recommendations
- Corporate report
Author: Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Department: Municipal Affairs and Housing