Municipal and Conseil scolaire acadien provincial school board elections: guide for candidates
How to become a candidate, election campaigns, voting procedures and post-election responsibilities for municipal and Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP) school board elections.
This guide provides information for prospective candidates who are interested in running in the 2020 elections.
- important dates for the election
- qualifications for nomination and becoming a candidate (including disqualifications for office)
- nomination, election and voting procedures
- rules around campaigning, advertising and financing an election campaign
- duties, obligations and responsibilities of candidates
- duties, obligations and responsibilities of elected councillors and school board members
Department: Municipal Affairs and Housing