How to deal with a privacy breach of your personal information
What steps you can take if your personal information was breached in April 2018. The breach includes any Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPOP) request documents sent or received between April 2016 and April 2018.
This document helps the public understand how to deal with a privacy breach of their personal information related to any Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPOP) request.
- what information was breached
- how to get more details about the affected information
- how to know if your personal information is being misused
- what to do if your privacy has been breached
- how to protect yourself from further breaches
- who to contact for more information
Author: Information Access and Privacy Services
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services