Affordable housing report: spring 2021
Nova Scotia Affordable Housing Commission’s recommendations on affordable housing in Nova Scotia. The commission worked with experts in the public, private, non-profit and academic sectors to identify actions and strategies to increase affordable housing options and protect existing affordable housing throughout the province.
This report outlines recommendations on how to make housing more available and protect existing affordable housing.
- mandate for the Affordable Housing Commission
- why now is the time to address the housing supply and affordability problem
- defining affordable housing
- state of affordable rental housing in Nova Scotia
- findings about the current housing crisis
- next steps
- Corporate report
Author: Nova Scotia Affordable Housing Commission
Department: Infrastructure and Housing