Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit
Apply for a Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit. You need the permit to sell, store and distribute vaping products to retailers. The permit is valid for 1 year.
By law, you must have a Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit to sell, store and distribute vaping products to retailers.
Manufacturing vaping products
You need to have a Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit and a Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit to manufacture vaping products in Nova Scotia or manufacture vaping products for distribution, sale or storage in Nova Scotia. You can apply for a Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit at the same time you apply for a Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit.
You need to be in compliance with Registry of Joint Stock Companies to apply.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail. Or drop them off at the Business Registration Unit or Access Nova Scotia.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the permit. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Permit (per location)||$124.60|
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Interac® Online, debit card, cheque, money order. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Business Number from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Registry of Joint Stock Companies ID
- name, title, civic address and percentage of ownership of the proprietor, partners or principal owners
- name and address of your business's bank or credit union
- location of your financial records, including the name of the person responsible for those records
- list of any previous business names and owners of your business and business location
You need to renew your Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit each year. You should get a renewal notice in the mail before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.
The permit isn’t renewed if you have any outstanding accounts with the Government of Nova Scotia.