Vaping Products Retail Vendor’s Permit
Apply for a Vaping Products Retail Vendor’s Permit. Retail stores need the permit to sell vaping products. The permit is valid for 3 years.
By law, retail stores must have a Vaping Products Retail Vendor’s Permit to sell vaping products.
Retail stores can apply if they comply with Registry of Joint Stock Companies and are not in violation of the Tobacco Access Act.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail or fax. Or drop them off at the Business Registration Unit or Access Nova Scotia.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the permit. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Permit (per location)||$124.60|
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Interac® Online, debit card, cheque, money order. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Business Number from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Registry of Joint Stock Companies ID
- name, title, civic address and percentage of ownership of the proprietor, partners or principal owners
- name and address of your business's bank or credit union
- location of your financial records, including the name of the person responsible for those records
- list of any previous business names and owners of your business and business location
You need to renew your Vaping Products Retail Vendor’s Permit every 3 years. You should get a renewal notice in the mail before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.
The permit isn't renewed if you have any outstanding accounts with the Government of Nova Scotia.