Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit
Apply for a Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit. Vaping products manufacturers need the permit to manufacture vaping products in Nova Scotia or manufacture vaping products for distribution, sale or storage in Nova Scotia. The permit is valid for 1 year.
By law, vaping products manufacturers must have a Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit to manufacture vaping products in Nova Scotia or manufacture vaping products for distribution, sale or storage in Nova Scotia.
You need to be a vaping products manufacturer to apply. You also need to have a Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit and be in compliance with Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
You can apply for a Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit at the same time you apply for a Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail. Or drop them off at the Business Registration Unit or Access Nova Scotia.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the permit. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the permit, but a deposit may be required as specified by legislation.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Interac® Online, debit card , cheque, money order. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Business Number from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Registry of Joint Stock Companies ID
- name, title, civic address and percentage of ownership of the proprietor, partners or principal owners
- name and address of your business's bank or credit union
- location of your financial records, including the name of the person responsible for those records
- list of any previous business names and owners of your business and business location
- estimated annual quantity of vaping products your company handles in Nova Scotia
- location and contact person for each distribution centre if there is more than 1
- your tax numbers in other jurisdictions
- your Vaping Products Wholesale Vendor’s Permit number, if you have one
You need to renew your Vaping Products Manufacturer Permit each year. You should get a renewal notice in the mail before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.
The permit isn’t renewed if you have any outstanding accounts with the Government of Nova Scotia.