Submit a privacy complaint
Submit a privacy complaint if you believe your privacy has been compromised due to the mishandling of your personal information. You need to provide information on what the complaint is about, what personal information is involved, when it happened and who is involved.
Use the Privacy Complaint Form if you believe your privacy has been compromised due to the mishandling of your personal information.
Help with your request
Information Access and Privacy Services can answer questions about the application process, help identify what information is held by which public sector body, or let you know if you should try contacting the relevant service directly instead of submitting a formal request.
Who can use this form
You can use this form to file a complaint if:
- you feel your personal information has been wrongfully collected, used or disclosed
- your personal information has not been secured properly
- your information has been disposed of inappropriately
- your information has been accessed when it should not have been
What you need to do
- Complete the form.
- Check the form for details on all supporting documents.
- Send the completed form and supporting documents by mail.
How long it takes
It should take 3 to 5 days to hear back that your request has been received. You should get a response to your request within 30 days. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your form hasn’t been filled in correctly.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- date of privacy incident
- department or agency involved in the incident
- details of the incident