Public Procurement Act: overview
Overview of the Public Procurement Act, including how Government of Nova Scotia and public sector entities must buy goods, services and construction in Nova Scotia.
The Public Procurement Act governs the way government and public sector entities buy goods, services and construction. The act helps government and public sector entities work together to make sure funds are spent as effectively as possible.
The act outlines the rules government and public sector entities must follow, including:
- transparency and accountability
- standardized practices and procurement protocols
- procurement governance structure
- making sure tenders for all goods, services, construction and facilities follow regional, national or international trade agreements
- advertising tenders for all goods, services, construction and facilities
- posting the name of the successful bidder and the contract award amount, if applicable
- posting procurement protocols on the government website