Mark Peck was appointed Associate Deputy Minister of the Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing in July 2020.
Mark Peck began his career with the Government of Nova Scotia in 1988, where he worked in the Assessment Services Division of the Department of Municipal Affairs. Mark has more than 30 years of public service experience, including senior positions like municipal advisor and executive director. Mark has a Master of Public Administration from Dalhousie University.
Associate Deputy Minister, Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing
The associate deputy minister helps manage the department’s day-to-day operations and builds relationships with stakeholder groups throughout government.
- providing advice and recommendations to the minister on departmental matters
- overseeing day-to-day operations of the department
- representing the department and the Government of Nova Scotia at municipal, provincial and national levels
- building relationships with stakeholder groups
- Executive Director, Policy, Planning and Advisory Services, Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Director of Advisory Services, Department of Municipal Affairs
- Municipal Advisor, Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations