Kelliann Dean was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Finance and Treasury Board in March 2021. She was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Intergovernmental Affairs in June 2016.
Kelliann has more than 30 years of public and private sector experience, including senior positions at the Office of Immigration, Department of Municipal Affairs and Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage. She also served as the Vice President of Business Development for Nova Scotia Business Inc.
Before joining the Government of Nova Scotia in 2004, Kelliann worked for 13 years at the Business Development Bank of Canada. Kelliann has a Bachelor of Public Relations from Mount Saint Vincent University and a Master of Business Administration from Saint Mary’s University.
Deputy Minister, Department of Finance and Treasury Board
The Deputy Minister of the Department of Finance and Treasury Board helps manage the financial affairs of the province, including taxation, budget and government accounting. They also manage regulation of the financial services, pension and insurance industries.
- overseeing day-to-day operations of the department
- administering the provincial budget
- program development
- regulation of financial services, pension and insurance industries
- CEO, Office of Immigration
- Deputy Minister, Department of Municipal Affairs
- Deputy Minister, Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage
- Public Service Commissioner, Public Service Commission
- Deputy Minister, Department of Tourism, Culture and Heritage