Kathleen Trott was appointed Associate Deputy Minister of the Department of Health and Wellness in October 2021.
Kathleen has more than 20 years of private sector and public service experience. She has held several senior roles with the Government of Nova Scotia, including leading Policy and Corporate Services at the Department of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage and Managing Director of Marketing at Communications Nova Scotia. Before joining the Government of Nova Scotia, Kathleen worked for Aliant and Bell Aliant.
Associate Deputy Minister, Department of Health and Wellness
The Associate Deputy Minister of the Department of Health and Wellness helps manage day-to-day operations for the department and its offices. They also carry out government policies and help implement plans and strategies.
- overseeing day-to-day operations of the department
- providing advice to the minister, deputy minister and government
- overseeing corporate policy, planning and services
- Executive Director, Policy and Corporate Services, Department of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage
- Managing Director of Marketing, Communications Nova Scotia
- leadership positions, Aliant and Bell Aliant