NSLC Liquor Manufacturer Offsite Retail Permit
Apply for a Manufacturer Offsite Retail Permit. Liquor manufacturers need the permit to sell alcohol or provide free samples at an offsite location away from the manufacturing location. You can’t sell alcohol by the glass and products sold can’t be opened and consumed at the offsite location.
By law, liquor manufacturers need a Manufacturer Offsite Retail Permit to sell alcohol or provide free samples at an offsite location.
You can’t sell alcohol by the glass. Any products you sell can’t be opened and consumed at the offsite location.
You can apply for an annual permit or a single event permit.
The annual permit is for attending a minimum of 5 recurring events (like a farmer’s market) per year. When you apply for an annual permit, you need to confirm the number of events you’re going to attend. You need to complete another application if you need to add additional events to your permit (on the application, choose ‘prepaid’ and provide your annual permit number).
You need to have a Manufacturer Permit (Onsite Retail Store) issued by Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC) to apply. You also need to be authorized by the manufacturer to apply.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment with your application.
- Send your completed application, supporting documents and payment by mail, email or fax. Or visit the Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
How long it takes
It should take 2 weeks to get the permit. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
|Permit (single event)||$50|
|Permit (additional annual events)||No cost|
Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, money order, cash. A cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. Payment options may vary depending on how you apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- event information like organizer’s name, contact information, number of attendees, event title, location and date
- list of all products that you’ll offer samples of or sell at the event
- description of your location at the event (floor plan or booth number)
You need to renew your Manufacturer Offsite Retail Permit (annual) by 31 December each year. You should get a renewal notice in the mail before the renewal date. It’s your responsibility to renew on time.
You can’t renew your Manufacturer Offsite Retail Permit (single event), but you can apply for a new one.