Moving radios between vehicles or apparatus: TMR system
Volunteer agencies need to inform government when they’re moving trunked mobile radios (TMRs) from 1 vehicle or apparatus to another.
Use the Volunteer Agencies Information Form when moving trunked mobile radios (TMRs) from 1 vehicle to another or apparatus to another.
Volunteer agencies need to inform the Public Safety and Field Communications Office when a TMR permanently moves to another vehicle or apparatus so that the office can keep accurate records of what radios are where.
Who can use this form
Volunteer agencies like volunteer fire services and ground search and rescue need to use this form.
What you need to do
- Complete the form.
- Send your completed form by email or fax.
How long it takes
It should take 1 to 2 days to hear back from Public Safety and Field Communications to make arrangements to have the TMR or base moved. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your form hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is a cost to have the TMR or base moved. The cost is determined by the authorized company completing the move.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- agency name and contact information
- date of radio move
- authorized radio dealer engaged to move the radio between vehicles
- radio serial number
- vehicle licence plate number for original and new vehicle
- vehicle identification number (VIN) for original and new vehicle
- vehicle type for original and new vehicle