Apply for refund of vaping products tax paid on reserves
Apply for a vaping products tax refund on vaping products bought on a reserve when the amount of tax is $100 or more. Only status Indians can get this refund.
Use the Receipt Based Claim for First Nation Status Individuals - Vaping Products Refund Application Form to apply for a vaping products tax refund for vaping products bought on a reserve.
You can apply for the refund if you’re a status Indian and you’re submitting a claim for vaping products bought on a reserve.
You can apply once every 12 months if the amount of tax is under $100. Or you can apply each time the amount of tax is $100 or more.
How to apply
- Complete the refund application.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Send your completed application and supporting documents by mail. Or visit the Business Registration Unit (Refund Section).
How long it takes
It should take 3 to 6 weeks to get the refund. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the refund.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- Nova Scotia Driver’s Licence master number (you can find this on the front of your driver’s licence) or a Nova Scotia Photo Identification (ID) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status card
- vaping products invoices
The invoices need to include:
- your name
- the seller’s name, location and HST number
- type of vaping products
- quantity sold
- tax paid on vaping products