Apply for project funding from Invest Nova Scotia
Industry organizations, sectors, regional associations and other organizations that benefit the public can apply for funding for projects that increase economic competitiveness and productivity. This funding is not for individual businesses.
Apply to request funding for a project that helps sectors and communities become more competitive.
Invest Nova Scotia helps sectors and communities become more competitive by funding projects that have a broad impact on a sector or region. Invest Nova Scotia considers projects that promote cooperation and partnerships.
Funding proposals need to:
- improve Nova Scotia’s competitiveness and increase productivity
- create or develop widespread benefits for a sector or industry within Nova Scotia
- present metrics for success and a method to monitor progress
- demonstrate long-term benefits to Nova Scotia
- demonstrate a combination of proven leadership, financial capital and human capital in a project
- demonstrate partnerships with other organizations (partnerships can include the private sector, academia and non-profit organizations)
Industry organizations, sectors, regional associations and other organizations that benefit the public (not private shareholders) can apply for funding. Businesses are not eligible for funding.
Projects can include initiatives for sector development, economic diversification, workforce competitiveness, applied research and development and pilot projects.
How to apply
- Review the Invest Nova Scotia Application Guide.
- Apply online for funding.
- Submit your completed application.
- Invest Nova Scotia sends you a confirmation that your application was received within 1 week of submitting your application.
- Invest Nova Scotia’s board of directors reviews eligible applications based on the guiding principles and evaluation criteria.
- Invest Nova Scotia may ask you to submit supporting documents (for example, a business plan, curriculum vitae and financial statements).
- Invest Nova Scotia assesses your application and supporting documents, and lets you know if your project will receive funding.
How long it takes
It should take 10 to 12 weeks to find out if your project is approved for funding. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly. It also depends on the complexity of the project.
There is no cost to apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- total cost of proposed project
- financial and in-kind funding sources (both approved and declined)
- risks that can impact the success of the project
- information on how the organization’s profits are used to benefit the public
- information on how the proposed project will improve economic competitiveness and productivity
- information on how the proposed project supports the ‘Ivany Goals’ outlined in Now or Never: An Urgent Call to Action for Nova Scotians
- information on how you will measure success and monitor progress
- long-term benefits this project will have in Nova Scotia
- description of proven leadership, and financial and human resources required for the project
You may also need to provide audited financial statements or a business plan.
You can use the Invest Nova Scotia Application Form (PDF 2.2 MB) if you’re unable to apply online. Send your completed application by mail, fax or email.