Apply for funding to help assess the need for and develop a transit service in a rural or underserviced urban area: Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program
The Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program (NS-TRIP) provides funding to help assess the need for and develop transit services in rural areas and underserviced urban areas. The program provides cost sharing at various funding levels depending on the scope of the project. Funding is available for 1 project per year per organization. You can apply until 5 May 2023 for 2023 to 2024 program funding.
Apply for funding to help assess the need for and develop a transit service in rural or underserviced urban areas.
The Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program provides funding for transit projects that generate new and improved public transit services in rural areas and underserviced urban areas. Projects need to be directly related to enhancing the service capacity of new or existing public transit organizations in Nova Scotia.
You can apply if you’re:
- incorporated non-profit organization with public transit mandate
- municipalities (for underserviced areas)
- public transit provider owned by a municipality or a corporate entity on behalf of a municipality
- incorporated association representing public transit service operators in Nova Scotia
- Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities
You need to apply for funding by 5 May 2023 (applications received after 5 May will not be considered).
How to apply
- Review detailed program criteria in the Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program (NS-TRIP) Guidelines.
- Complete the application form.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Send your completed application and supporting documents by email.
How long it takes
It should take 6 to 8 weeks for the Department of Public Works to review your funding application and let you know if your funding application is approved. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the funding.
Applications are closed.