Update the address, officers or directors of your co-operative
Co-operatives need to notify Registry of Joint Stock Companies of changes to their civic address, mailing address and list of officers or directors.
Use the Co-operative Update Form to update the civic and mailing addresses and list of officers or directors with Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
You can also use this form for any changes to the co-operative’s phone number, fax number and email address.
Number of directors
The number of directors on the form needs to match the number of directors in your by-laws.
Information you file with Registry of Joint Stock Companies is available to the public.
Who can use this form
Co-operatives need to use this form to update the civic and mailing addresses and list of officers or directors with Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
What you need to do
- Complete the form.
- Send your completed form by mail or email. Or drop it off at Registry of Joint Stock Companies or Access Nova Scotia. If you’re sending your form by email, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registry of Joint Stock Companies updates your records.
How long it takes
It should take 1 to 2 weeks to update your records. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your form hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to submit the form.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- full legal name of the co-operative
- civic address and mailing address of the co-operative
- list of officers and their positions
- list of directors