Tree removal reimbursement: Hurricane Fiona
Applications are closed. Residential property owners and tenants can apply for a one-time reimbursement of up to $250 to help cover post-storm tree removal expenses. You need to apply by 24 February 2023.
Apply for financial assistance to help with post-storm tree removal expenses. You can receive up to $250 if you qualify for the Fiona Tree Removal Reimbursement Program.
The Fiona Tree Removal Reimbursement Program helps residential property owners and tenants with the cost of tree removal services from Hurricane Fiona. Businesses are not eligible for the reimbursement.
Keep a copy of your receipts for tree removal services for your records.
Receipts need to include:
- name of the person receiving the service
- address where the service was provided
- type of service received
- cost of the service
- date of the service
- name and address of the person or business providing the service
Residential property owners and tenants can apply for financial assistance if:
- the damage to the tree occurred during Hurricane Fiona
- you have a receipt for the tree removal
- you own, rent or lease the property
Only 1 person per household can apply. You can only apply for 1 property or address (for example, if you removed a tree at your home or apartment and also removed a tree at your cottage, you can only apply for 1 property).
Businesses are not eligible to apply.
You need to apply by 24 February 2023.
How to apply
- Apply online for the reimbursement.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application.
- If your application is approved, your reimbursement cheque is mailed to you.
How long it takes
It should take 4 to 6 weeks to get your reimbursement cheque. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply.
Before you start
Make sure you have a receipt (from a company or person) for the tree removal.
Applications are closed.