Small Business Wildfire Relief Program
Small business owners who needed to evacuate or close for at least 5 days because of the recent fires in Halifax Regional Municipality and Shelburne County can apply for a one-time $2,500 grant. You can apply until 8 September 2023.
Apply for financial assistance to help small business owners cover the cost of unanticipated business closures.
The Small Business Wildfire Relief Program provides a one-time $2,500 grant to help small business owners who needed to evacuate or close for at least 5 days because of the recent fires in Halifax Regional Municipality and Shelburne County.
Financial assistance amount
Financial assistance provides one-time $2,500 grant to help cover the cost of unanticipated business closures.
Help with your application
The Small Business Wildfire Relief Program can help you with the application process and answer questions about the program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Small businesses can apply for financial assistance if they meet all the following criteria:
- business needed to evacuate or close for at least 5 days because of the recent fires in Halifax Regional Municipality and Shelburne County
- business is registered with Registry of Joint Stock Companies (as a sole proprietorship, partnership, company or non-profit) and has a Business Number from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- business paid the corporate tax rate for small business on income taxes in its most recently completed tax year, if the business is incorporated
- yearly gross revenue is not more than $5,000,000
- franchise is locally owned or operated in the Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and Labrador), if the business is a franchise
Eligible businesses include:
- fitness, recreational and leisure facilities
- independent gas retailers
- independent retailers
- licensed fish processors
- live performing arts venues
- personal services
- private daycares
- repair services
- restaurants and licensed drinking establishments
- some self-regulated and unregulated health professionals
- wholesale operators
You need to apply by 8 September 2023.
How to apply
- Apply online for the grant.
- Submit your completed application.
- If your application is approved, your cheque is mailed to you.
How long it takes
It should take 2 to 4 weeks to get your cheque. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply.
Applications are closed.