Nancy MacLellan was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing in June 2019.
Nancy has worked for the Government of Nova Scotia since 1997 in a number of departments like Service Nova Scotia, Justice and Community Services. She has a Bachelor of Arts in English from Dalhousie University, a Master of Business Administration from Saint Mary’s University Sobey School of Business and an Institute of Corporate Directors, Director (ICD.D) designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
RoleThe deputy minister leads the department in helping municipalities build strong communities and improve fire safety and emergency preparedness. The deputy minister is also responsible for making sure that more Nova Scotians have access to safe, suitable and affordable housing.
- providing advice and recommendations to the minister on departmental matters
- overseeing all aspects of departmental operations
- representing the department and the Government of Nova Scotia at municipal, provincial and national levels
- President and CEO, Housing Nova Scotia
- Associate Deputy Minister, Department of Community Services
- Executive Director of Strategy, Registries and Service Delivery, Office of Service Nova Scotia
- Director of Court Services, Department of Justice
- Senior Policy Analyst for Treasury and Policy Board, Department of Finance and Treasury Board