Nancy MacLellan was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Seniors in July 2020.
Nancy has worked for the Government of Nova Scotia since 1997 in a number of departments like Service Nova Scotia, Justice, Community Services and Municipal Affairs and Housing. She has a Bachelor of Arts in English from Dalhousie University, a Master of Business Administration from Saint Mary’s University Sobey School of Business and an Institute of Corporate Directors, Director (ICD.D) designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
Deputy Minister, Department of Seniors
The Deputy Minister of the Department of Seniors provides direction and leadership on policy development, oversees the implementation of the department’s mandate and monitors the ongoing performance improvement of departmental operations.
- implementing the department’s mandate and making sure the department meets its goals
- leading the development of policy that recognizes and encourages the contributions of seniors
- building relationships with stakeholder groups
- providing a voice for our aging population within government
- representing the department within the community
- Deputy Minister, Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- President and CEO, Housing Nova Scotia
- Associate Deputy Minister, Department of Community Services
- Executive Director of Strategy, Registries and Service Delivery, Office of Service Nova Scotia
- Director of Court Services, Department of Justice